Tender is the Night, F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Nicole: The poor man. Why did you want to saw him in two?
- Abe: Naturally I wanted to see what was inside a waiter. Wouldn't you like to know what was inside a waiter?
- Nicole: Old menus. Pieces of broken china and tips and pencil stubs.
- Abe: Exactly - but the thing was to prove it scientifically. And of course doing it with that musical saw would have eliminated any sordidness.
- Tommy: Did you intend to play the saw while you performed the operation?
- Abe: We didn't get quite that far. We were alarmed by the screams. We thought he might rupture something.
- Nicole: All sounds very peculiar to me. Any musician that'll use another musician's saw to -